Tuesday, September 14, 2010
Chemical Warfar(Unfair Advantage)
After looking through some stratgies of the German offense, I came across this startling fact concerning a very interesting war-tactic. The use of chemical warfare was first utilized by the Germans, followed by the Britsh and French. Is this war-tactic an unfair advantage, concerning the so-called "rules of warfare". This gas affected not only the soldiers who faught in this war, but thousands of the citizens who were inhabited in the cities. Could this use of toxic gas have changed the tide of the war in the direction of the Germans? How is this warfare a form of nuclear war? Click on title (Chemica Warfare(unfair Advantage)) to watch video
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Scott - great job reflecting on the course material. It's pretty interesting to know that as the Allies were to use poison gas in 1915, the wind changed direction during their shelling of the German lines and blew it all back at them! Whoopsies. I believe that the use of poison gas today is banned and is considered a war crime? That might not be 100% accurate, but it's what I hear (therefore hearsay!)!
ReplyDeleteI think your right McKenna it is considered a war crime because i heard that too. I would have to say I don't think it is an unfair advantage though for WWI because it was a new invention to kill people just like the machine gun. If the Allies had thought of it first we wouldn't think of it as being as bad. However I do agree that it is now banned because it is a horrible way to kill people but you cant blame the germans because like you said I dont think it is much different that nuclear war today.
ReplyDelete