The 101st Airborne Division, or otherwise known as the screaming eagles, is a modular infantry division trained for airborne assault. During the second World War, this infantry division was used primarly to draw pressure off of the men who were landing on the beaches at Normandy, France and the Battle of the Bulge. In World War Two, these paratroopers were dropped behind enemy lines the night before the sea-bourne invasion upon the beaches at Normandy. There were three major drop zones that these paratroopers were dropped at, A, B, C.


Its amazing what these guys went through and how they then had to continue to go on various other assaults on Nazi positions.
ReplyDeleteThese guys fought a totally different war from behind enemy lines. There were probably only a couple to a group until after a couple days they met at the rally point and got situated. Its really amazing what these guys had to do after they landed. I know after watching what I saw in Band of Brothers on the midnight drop, after I landed I would want nothing to do with fighting from then on.
ReplyDelete